The wife and counterbalance to Moshe. Whereas his attributes lean more to the right side of expansion, Mail operated from the left side of restriction. This is very evident early on, in the movie, when they pray.
- Binah/Understanding: Just as Binah is considered the “source of souls,” Mali strongly desires to have a child – something she and Moshe have struggled with.
- Binah, operating from the left side of “establishing details,” sets the condition for our lives on a constant basis. Mali plays this role in many ways,
- Her method of structured prayer (complementing Moshe’s hitbodedut)
- When she finds the $1000 and excitedly tells Moshe, “I’ve got it all figured out.”
- Her phone call with Moshe, where she instructs him to “go to the rabbi.”